► Has clearly defined objectives appropriate to higher education
► Has established conditions under which those higher education objectives can be achieved
► Appears in fact to be accomplishing its objectives substantially
► Is organized, staffed and supported so as to accomplish its higher education objectives
► Demonstrates that it meets Accreditation Standards
Academic Quality and Student Achievement Information
The Commission requires each accredited institution to make public its Reports to the Commission, the external evaluation reports, and the Commission action letters, by placing the documents on the institution’s website as well as other locations accessible to students and the public. ACCJC DIRECTORY OF ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS SEPTEMBER 2016
Information about student achievement at any California Public Community College, can be found in the Student Success Scorecard located at: http://scorecard.cccco.edu/scorecard.aspx. Student achievement data about programs at Hawaii Public Community Colleges is available at: https://www.hawaii.edu/offices/cc/arpd/instructional.php?action=analysis&year=2013&college=HAW. Non-public member institutions provide gainful employment and other student success information on their websites. The U.S. Department of Education provides student retention and graduation information by college at: http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/.
*** The Commission will meet on June 8 – 10, 2016. The results of the Commission actions will be posted on the Recent Commission Actions page of this website in early July. ***
CHEA responds to critics of accreditation: 6-27-13
Press Release: 5-30-13, regarding no irregularities in CCSF evaluation
Press Release: 12-13-12, regarding California Competes Petition
Press Release: 7-6-12, regarding City College of San Francisco
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT ACCREDITATION
ABOUT THE ACCJC AND ITS MEMBER INSTITUTIONS
The ACCJC Directory of Accredited Institutions
For each ACCJC accredited institution, this directory includes the following information*:
• Contact information for the college.
• Summary information about enrollments, degrees, and accreditation.
• Notations of accreditation sanctions that apply to particular institutions.
• In cases of severe sanction (Probation or Show Cause), a link to the Public Disclosure Notice describing the reasons for the sanction is provided.
* The directory also provides a list of Institutions no longer accredited by the ACCJC.
DEGREE MILLS AND ACCREDITATION MILLS
• Important information about degree mills and accreditation mills.
• State information from higher education authorizing agencies and about degree mills.
OTHER INFORMATION FOR THE PUBLIC
• Discussion of partnerships for assuring educational quality.
• Link to video: Accreditation and its Value to You
• Link to video: Types of Accreditation: What's the Difference
• Recent Commission actions taken on ACCJC member institutions and policies.
• Policy and process for complaints against ACCJC member institutions.